Tongue is a small thing, but what enormous damage can it do.
I was trying to tease a friend of mine on a whatsapp group yesterday night. I sort of felt my joke went in wrong direction, however, I presumed that it wasn’t so rude or not funny at all and it wouldn’t disturb him. Like I wrote for myself a few days ago, on how I go beyond the limits in teasing friends, it repeated. This time, I was being careful, yet, I sort of assumed he would take it as a joke. I’ve seen him for taking things lightly. But looks like he hasn’t been liking this.
Plus, as a bonus to screw my morning, a bad dream woke me up. It was quite uncomfortable a dream.
I decided, I will try my best, no matter how close somebody is, to understand my limits with my words. I will choose them carefully. It looks like I just can’t be funny without being rude. 🙂 Benign violation is the word I could recall for these jokes, and clearly, I’m not any capable of cracking them. 🙂
Watch that if you find it funny. I watched it a long time ago.
I’m writing this down to catch the attention of some folks who are into this warp/warpdrive or those who put this thing on github.
I’ve been trying to use compile and use it. With some tweaks, I could compile it. But, the source tree and files uploaded at git master branch at https://github.com/facebook/warp is somewhat outdated, and it is missing a whole lot of information.
Although I appreciate the contribution to open source from facebook folks, it seems to me that it is not done in proper way.
- There are plenty of hard-coded paths in Makefiles(ok, I can fix them),
- Missing scripts – builtin_defines.sh is missing(its tricky to take a guess, and even if I could arrive at something, I’m not sure if it is optimum)
- Basic documentation going missing, example, the documentation says,
This will produce
warp (the core program) and also the drivers
warpdrive_clangdev, each packaged for the respective compiler and version.
- but, none of the Makefiles build these drivers, which makes the whole understanding unclear.
- It is a pretty incomplete project uploaded at github and it asks for a lot of time being invested to get this tool working, which perhaps could have been easily avoided, making the contribution much more worthwhile at the open source standards, if someone from FB checked it more carefully and uploaded it to github.
I tried contacting nearly all of those who are contributors on github to this project to kind of help me by uploading that missing piece of information, and I haven’t got any reply from anyone yet. So, I’m writing this blog post hoping to grab their attention or someone who knows warp/warpdrive better already so that the missing information could be corrected and the project is more useful.